This two day course is designed to cover a range of core baking techniques. Over two days students will individually make from scratch the following:
* Shortcrust pastry – and will use it to make a classic quiche lorraine (or vegetarian alternative is required)
* Sweet shortcrust pastry – and will take it away to practice with at home, along with our suggested recipes
* Rough puff pastry – and will use it to make sweet and savoury palmiers
* Real bread – wonderful, wholesome tin loaf, great for sandwiches and toast
* Muffins – savoury tomato and basil, perfect as a snack or for dipping in soups
* Cookies – our decadent dark chocolate chip recipe
* Loaf cake – lemon drizzle, a sure crowd-pleaser
In addition to the recipes covered, the tutor will be on hand to give advice on alternative recipes, to enable students to make variations and extend their baking repertoire even further at home. This is a small group to class to ensure that every student has plenty of attention from the tutor.
Students will take home everything they have made and will also get to taste lots of them throughout the course.
What's Covered: Three types of pastry / quiche / cake / cookies / savoury muffins / bread
Price: £275 per person. Booking more than one place? Enter code 2DAYSAVER at the checkout to save £10 per person!
Who does this class suit: Beginners +. This is a hands-on class which is not suitable for under 16s. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult attending the same course
Length: This course runs over TWO consecutive days: Day One 10am - 5pm; Day Two 10am - 5pm
What’s Included: Tuition; all equipment and ingredients; apron to use during the lesson; recipe sheets; lots of helpful hints, tips and baking advice; complimentary refreshments and a chance to taste some freshly baked produce. Students take home everything they have made on the day. Lunch is not included but we can make suggestions for places where students can find a range of food options
After all the fun and excitement of Christmas, the post-festive blues generally kick in for most of us. The short days, with the sun barely showing itself throughout this month is tough to cope with!
Now that payday has finally come around (phew!), perhaps you’re thinking about how to get the New Year off to a great start? Not only are our classes informative, they are also fun and relaxed – in a nutshell, they’re the perfect antidote to January. We like to design our classes to make them sociable too.
So, why not make 2018 the year you learn some new skills, or brush up on existing ones, and join is for a half-, full- or multi-day baking class filled.